Log Cabin Block - Charity Project
Help Us Celebrate Our 1st Anniversary with a Charity Quilt!
On October 14, we’re celebrating the one-year anniversary of the Mashe Modern retail store opening in Dallas Center, Iowa.
To help celebrate, we thought it would be fun for our customers to help us create a charity quilt as a way to give back by helping us create some quilts for charity.
To participate, make a block that meets the following requirements:
- Log Cabin block (see pattern inspiration below)
- The block must measure 12.5” square unfinished
- Use prints and/or solids in the cool color family (greens, teals, blues, purples, grays, whites) *If you're not sure on colors, check out my brand colors. They are a great example of cool colors*
Your Log Cabin block can be any style – traditional, modern, wonky, etc. Use any technique that works for you! Here is some inspiration for your Log Cabin block (not all measure 12.5” unfinished, so make sure you continue the pattern to reach that size block):
- Easy Log Cabin Pattern
- Piecing 101 - Make a Log Cabin Block
- Log Cabin Block and Tutorial
- Log Cabin Patterns by All People Quilt
- Wonky Log Cabin Quilt Pattern
Drop your block off at the store now through October 27, and we’ll give you a coupon worth $5 off your next visit!
If you are not local, and would like to mail a block to the shop, send it to:
Mashe Modern, 1412 Walnut St, Dallas Center, IA 50063
Be sure to include your name and email address and I'll send you the coupon code for your next online purchase.
We’ll piece all the blocks together, quilt it, and donate to charity. We’ll be updating our customers on the progress on social media, so make sure you’re following along.
Follow us on Instagram
Follow us on Facebook
Thanks for helping us make our first anniversary so special!